The ‘UA2000’ Family builds on the 10-Year Success of Ballard USB Interfaces, a Favorite Avionics Test Tool for Military and Commercial Customers Around the World.
EAST AURORA, NY, July 8, 2020 – Astronics Corporation (Nasdaq: ATRO), a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and other mission critical industries, is launching a new family of pocket-sized USB interface devices using the SuperSpeed USB 3.1 standard to easily connect computers to avionics databuses.
The UA2000 family of portable USB interfaces enable computers to communicate with, simulate, test, and monitor avionics equipment and systems. They provide a fast and reliable peripheral connection to a variety of avionics databuses including: MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, ARINC 708, ARINC 717, and Discrete I/O.
“Astronics Ballard Technology introduced our game-changing USB products over 10 years ago. Since that time, these reliable and proven databus interface devices have become the favorite avionics test tool for our military and commercial customers around the world.” said Jon Neal, President of Astronics Ballard Technology. “The UA2000 family builds on this decade of success with an all-new USB 3.1 design that provides both backward compatibility with USB 2.0 as well as forward compatibility with Thunderbolt and upcoming USB 4 ports. These new products provide our large installed customer base with an easy migration path, allowing them to get the most out of modern computing platforms and to meet their avionics databus needs for many years to come.”
As a functional replacement for Ballard’s first generation of USB Adapter products, The UA2000 family can be readily interchanged with customer’s existing units and current software with no application modification typically required.
The UA2000 includes Ballard’s universal BTIDriver(TM) API, which enables customers to quickly develop their own software applications. The company’s powerful CoPilot(R) software, available as an option, provides easy-to-use, interactive tools for databus test, analysis, and simulation without the need to write software.
Key features of the UA2000 include:
- Proven Performance – The UA2000 is the result of over 10 years of highly-successful avionics interfacing experience using USB.
- Universal Compatibility – The all-new USB 3.1 design and low-power requirements mean the UA2000 is compatible with USB 2, USB 3, USB 4, and Thunderbolt(TM) ports. The product ships with both USB-C and USB-A cables for easy connection to current and future computer ports.
- Powerful Protocol Engine – The UA2000 hardware performs all protocol processing, freeing your software to focus on high-level application-specific processing.
- Small, Rugged, and Portable – The UA2000 easily fits in the palm of the hand and is equally at home in the lab or in the field. Flight Test Orange units are available for on-aircraft use.
- Easy to Use – Plug and play and hot swap features make the UA2000 easy to install and move between computers. The unit is fully powered by the USB port.
- Peace of Mind – The UA2000 family is FCC, CE, and RoHS compliant, comes with a 3-year warranty, and is backed with industry-leading technical support.
Visit the Astronics website for more information about the UA2000 Family.
ABOUT ASTRONICS CORPORATION
Astronics Corporation (Nasdaq: ATRO) serves the world’s aerospace, defense, and other mission critical industries with proven, innovative technology solutions. Astronics works side-by-side with customers, integrating its array of power, connectivity, lighting, structures, interiors and test technologies to solve complex challenges. For over 50 years, Astronics has delivered creative, customer-focused solutions with exceptional responsiveness. Today, global airframe manufacturers, airlines, military branches, completion centers and Fortune 500 companies rely on the collaborative spirit and innovation of Astronics.
The Company’s strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities that provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets.
For more information on Astronics and its solutions, visit Astronics.com, where information is frequently updated.
# # #
Astronics Ballard Technology
Released July 8, 2020